Friday, July 29, 2011

The countdown starts!

Planning and Planning and Planning (oh my!)

Entry: 1

Yesterday, C got the news that she can fly back from Seattle to Ohio when we finish the trip. She's feeling up to the RVing across America and we're going to actively start planning.

To update you or introduce you, I'm MaryKate... my best friend is fighting cancer and wanted to take a road trip this summer. We're packing her daughter, son, cousin and myself into a camper and heading across the US in a rented RV. We're starting in Ohio and ending in Seattle on a rather southerly route. Hopefully we'll be leaving on August 4th and arriving in Seattle sometime the week of August 15th. Somewhere in there we're hoping to get to the The Wizard of Oz museum in Kansas, Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, California, Oregon (voodoo donuts of course!) and then Seattle.

I'd love suggestions, ideas... prayers. We will take them all!

My goddaughter Mads is also thinking of keeping a blog while we are on our journey. If she does, I will post the link here so you can read along if you like!

This is just a short post. Tonight we're digging into the internet and the books and starting to make our plans!

Much love to you all,

Happy Trails to you!
MaryKate

ps... if you'd like to donate to the cause, you can click the link at the top of this webpage! I will occasionally mention it, but this blog is not a request for money! *smile* It's a way to share our journey with everyone we love!

No comments:

Post a Comment